On Tuesdays and Thursdays I work in the morning and at night. This recipe is a godsend! Just prepare the night before, turn it on when you wake up, and it will happily simmer away all day. The chicken is so tender and delicious and the flavors are rich and filling. Rice is extra points, but at 4 points for a cup of the chicken– who cares!?
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken
- 1 (14.4 oz) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 8 oz frozen corn
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 (14.4 oz) can chicken broth
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- – TT salt and pepper
- Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot.
- Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning. Serve over rice (extra pts)